Please Login or Register. Lost Password?
Rules for all go2japan Forum Participants
Asian Access and its website "go2japan.org" is providing this forum as a service to those exploring the possibility of serving as missionaries in Japan. Therefore, use this forum for this expressed purpose.
Summary: Please post responsibly and help us make this forum a helpful tool for people interested in serving God in Japan.
Here are the Top Ten go2japan rules to keep in mind. . .
1. Minimum Age Requirement (age 17): By registering for an account on go2japan.org, you are acknowledging that you are at least 17 years of age. The reason we make this a rule (rather than just the legal 13-year-old minimum) is that no one can apply for an Asian Access missionary program unless he/she is at least 18 years of age. (Note each program has a different qualification, so be sure to check the FAQs section for your preferred program.) Therefore, by establishing a 17-year-old minimum age requirement, our forum team will know for sure that users are close to meeting our program age qualification. Thus they can give priority in addressing posts.
2. Use your real name. When registering, you agree to use your real first and last name in your profile (i.e., not necessarily your username). Most spammers would not use their real names, so this helps us to know that you are serious about learning about Japan.
3. Avatars: Posting user avatars can make the forum more enjoyable. Preferably, please post a photo of yourself or that in some way represents you or something you like; but please be tasteful. Inappropriate avatars will be removed.
4. Signatures: You may have up to 300 characters and NO MORE THAN 2 URLs in your signatures. Any violation of this policy will result in being blocked as a registered user.
5. Personal Information: As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “go2japan Forum” nor Kunena software shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
6. Promotion in any form is prohibited. Do not use this forum to advertise your products, your website, your programs, your organization, your church or yourself. Any post deemed to be for any of these purposes will be removed. If a user consistently breaks this rule, he/she may be removed from the discussion board. As a corollary, do not use this forum to denigrate other people or their products, websites, programs, organizations, etc.
7. Be appropriate. Watch your language. Moreover, do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “go2japan Forum” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. 'Nuff said.
8. Be gracious. It is fine and even expected that different viewpoints will be shared on this discussion board. In part, this is what a forum is for. But please communicate in a way that is respectful to other users and honoring to our Lord Jesus Christ.
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,
9. Ownership rights: You agree that “go2japan Forum” has the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. Furthermore, these rules may change at any time without prior notification or consent.
10. Copyright of site and content: This forum is fully owned by Asian Access, which reserves all rights related to all of the content on this site, go2japan.org. When registering, users agree that all articles, posts and comments, as soon as each is posted online, become the sole property of Asian Access and may be deleted, edited or even republished elsewhere, including but not limited to web, video and print media. If edited, the core essence of the article/posts/comments will not be changed. Any republishing or use of the content of this site without the expressed written permission from Asian Access is strictly prohibited. (We recommend you either link to the actual post or write us for permission to otherwise use any of the content.)